Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Of Other Spaces

During the Middle Ages there were many "sacred" places.  What is considered a sacred place in todays generation.

Time and space are linked together.  What effect does time have on the feeling of space?

There are different places in each individuals life that evoke different emotions.  What are some places that could evoke a sense of security?

Is the trace of existence gone after death?

What would happen if there were no longer museums?  Would we still have such a sense of place before our time?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the trace of existence gone after death?
    I do not believe that the trace of existence is gone after death. Recently, my friend passed away over the summer. However, I am still friends with him on facebook and I often write to him online. Even though my friend is no longer here in the physical, I still believe he is here and listening, or reading in the case of facebook, to my many rants and random moments of confusion. I often go on his wall and his page. Many people still leave him comments and messages, and he is still in a relaitonship with his girlfriend who I know is still in love with him and is still best friends with him. I do not believe in someone's presence being completely dissolved just because they have passed away. Everything that we learn from them is still carried on with us and even though they are not here physically, they will always be with us in our everyday decisions and as technology has it, they, such as in the case of my friend, will remain in contact with society and part of society through such means as facebook or myspace and other social networks.

    ReplyDelete